Saturday, January 23, 2010

HELLO Cambodia!! welcome back?!!!

What a trip...

on Thursday the 21st I was in Three countries in the same time zone, on the same day.... woke up at 4:30 in the Philippines headed out to the airport.
Flew to Hong Kong where i took a bus to the city and eventually met my mom. We had a good time together saw the city and relaxed. Later i flew to Bangkok wow i was so tierd really had the energy sucked out of me.
Having only had 3 hours of sleep for such a long day of travel wasn't the best idea.

I met Kitty at the lougage area (our plan A) it was so good to see her familiar face again!!! we figured out after talking to the info lady that we would just take a cheep city bus into town and a taxi from there to a bus terminal that we caught a bus to the boarder of Thialand and Cambodia. It was about 1:30 am when we got to the terminal and out bus left at 3:30 am. After a four hour ride to the boarder we were way exhausted.

Crossing the boarder was not fun, i had a bad experiance with crossing last time with my ywam team so i felt like i couldn't trust anyone. So we just started walking in Poi Pet (the boarder town). I got kindof worked up so we just took a moment to pray... a few minutes later a nice taxi driver offered us a ride for a reasonable price. Two hours Later we were in Siem Reap wow!
My friend Sokly hooked us up with a guest house right away and after we rested she fed us and showed us around the base...

We've been taking advantage of the delisous fruit here. Also learning about Ywam as we are meeting and hanging out with many Ywamers from all over the world.

tomorrow (monday the 25th) is our last day in Cambodia and then we'll spend some time in Thialand.

we keep moving
its been super good so far + super thankful for Kitty my travel buddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome to read on about your adventures when my own life seems less adventurous :)
Glad to hear that, although you are tired you are keeping well :)
Hugs,
Reach

Hobbe said...

Phew! I'm glad that your adventures didn't include an extended stay at the border! I hope that YWAM and you have been mutual encouraged. :)