Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ASIA, I'm back!

wow... one evening at the end of November I was hanging out with God praying and diving in the word when I started to dream. I planed out what I would do/where i would go/who i would meet, if i went to Asia. Then I started to pray for it and felt at peace so i went to check out tickets and see if it was reasonable financially.
After a day of fasting and prayer... God spoke to me that if i decided to go He would go with me. Also spoke to me about what He would teach me and show me on my trip.
It worked out with my job amazingly to take off for a month.
I bought the tickets without really telling anyone abroad.
The plans all came together.
( one night in Hong Kong, one week in the Philippines, three days in Cambodia, week in Thialand, one week in China)
Last week, the week before i left was very exhausting and i guess you could say it was a very productive week. I left Monday January 11th at 6:18am from my apartment in Amsterdam. Was so blessed by my friends Steven and Deborah who saw me off @ the airport. I started my long journey a'dam - frankfurt , frankfurt - Beijing , Beijing - Hong Kong... in Hong Kong i followed some crazy directions about busses and trains and found my self in a area called Tai Wai i bought a SIM card to call my parents but it didn't work. i almost gave up, as its so tempting to do when your exhausted and don't know what to do. Then i saw a mobile phone shop i went and asked them about my SIM and how i could call the number. They read the chineese character hand book i got with the SIM and hooked me up. I talked to my parents who in turn connected me with their friend who had a guest room ready for me and who took me out for some street food it was great i really enjoyed Hong Kong and wished i could spend more time there.. (i'll spend a day on the 21st with my mom in Hong Kong!!).
The next morning at 4:30 i got up, got ready, had a great breakfast and headed to the airport. Eventually flew to Manila where after some communication clarifications my friend Ate Kit and Ian (guy from the Nagtahan church) picked me up...!
I am realizing things about myself being here... about who i was and how i've changed. its really intresting... its good talking to Ate Kit and Ate Carol (who is also staying in Nagtahan). Today i'm making borritos for dinner and seeing a bunch of old friends!
God is so awesome!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. so cool to read where your at right now.. and so crazy to think where you've been and what you've experienced this past year. I'm glad I could be part of it.

-Mariek

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!!
How totally cool that you actually wrote on your blog, thanks for sharing about your experiences so far. Know they are still praying for you at New Hope (I visited last week). May God really continue to bless you and make you a blessing to others on this crazy cool trip God put you on :)
Lots of Love, In Him,
Reach