Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Canada!

Last night I had quite a busy day Small group in the morning etc...
while I was getting ready for my evening reception shift I was praying asking God for an oppertunity to share the gospel.
Almost imidiatly after I started my shift a girl came up to me and heard my accent (or lack of one) and asked if I came from Canada. This turned into a national bond because she was also from Canada. We talked a bunch then she went out to get some food.
We eventually ate dinner together in the Cafe as my reception shift was so slow I could do it out of the cafe.
We talked alot about Canada. She also opened up about why she came to Europe. She said she was on a journey to find herself and get over/away from a hard break up she recently had.
Then when Jens one of my co-staff invited us to Bible discussion she said she'd rather just chill and talk.
That got her on the topic of religion.
It was kewl.
I had a great opertunity to tell her about the gospel and grace.
Sharing with her my testimony and how i'm just longing glorify God and be where he wants me to be to serve Him.

That got me excited I love Canada and am still praying for my country

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Canada,
Love getting a glimpse you give of the things you are experiencing. God is good. Good to hear your having some quality time with Him, what a difference it can make to a day!
Blessings and Hugs,
Your sis

HannaH said...

I <3 Canada too! What a cool connection way out in Europe :)