Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Saying good bye to the Philippines ... already :(

Wow its already time to say good bye?!
I guess that is to be expected when i only stayed here for a week and a half.
It has been a very good time, refreshing and adventurous.
So the first five days in Manila were chill... seeing old friends and recuperating. I slept alot, visited YWAM antipolo base where i did my DTS. Joined Ate kit with her weekly childrens ministry. Went to Shekinah Christian Church in Nagtahan.

Sunday afternoon Ate Carol (who is on a ministry break 'furlo' resting here in Nagtahan) and I started out adventure. We were planning at first to go to Baracy (white sands beach) but the transportation wasn't running on the correct times and it just didn't work. So we planned out a trip up north. We took a bus trip to a friends place (Ate Dhel) arriving at 1am (bus driver really took his time).
We had a mini sleep and left @ 8 again. We took a Jeepney into the mountains Lagaue, bus to Ban toc 4 hours through mountains, high in the clouds, through remote villages, and unpaved roads along the mountain side.
In Ban toc we rode on the roof of a Jeepney up the mountain again to Sagada! this incredible village high in the mountains.
So funny during this trip we spend alot of time traveling on the road but I had such a good time it was so great.
Back in Manila now after a great adventure resting for a day before i head out tomorrow.

Tomorrow I fly out to Hong Kong to meet my mom for a half day 'mother daughter' time. Then I fly out in the evening to Bangkok... where i will meet my friend Kitty and we will travel together to Cambodia and around Thailand.

God shows his faithfulness a new all the time.
oh mini story along those lines that i need to tell you.
I had bought a ticket from Hong Kong to Bangkok but never received my e-ticket version or confirmation just knew that i paid in full.
I e-mailed the company so much but they never send it to me.
Finally it was 5 days till i flew out i posted it as a prayer request on my face book.
I received a response from a friend of mine Nynke who is a travel agent in Amsterdam. It turns out she works for the same company that I ordered my ticket from. She had read my statues randomly and found my ticket in her files and made sure i got it.
Wow i really wouldn't have gotten it if she wasn't there.

Gods faithfulness is overwhelming.

No comments: